Preventive dentistry includes regular dental exams, cleanings and x-rays. Prevention helps avoid serious and costly dental problems and is the key to having a healthy beautiful smile.
Maintaining your oral health is a top priority for us. Detecting small problems and eliminating them is crucial in avoiding serious health issues such as tooth loss, gum disease, oral cancer and more. Catching problems early will prevent bigger problems from developing down the line, which will end up saving you time, money and discomfort.
Benefits of Regular Dental Exams:
- Good oral health can increase overall health
- Can reveal signs of more serious health conditions
- Identifying and treating minor problems like cavities early can prevent more complicated and expensive dental procedures
We provide comfortable, gentle hygiene cleanings. At your visit, our hygienists will clean your teeth, check the health of your gum tissue, and review your home care. At the exam, we will usually take a digital x-ray of your teeth to detect any hidden decay or other abnormal findings. Visit our Hi-Tech page for more information about our advanced digital x-ray technology.
Benefits of Hygiene Visits:
- Detects signs of gum disease and oral cancers early
- Remove tartar build-up and polish minor stains
- Find potential problems like cavities and broken fillings
- Review your brushing and flossing habits
Sealants are a great way to protect against tooth decay and cavities. Sealants are thin coatings applied to teeth to help prevent decay from forming. A sealant protects the tooth by sealing deep grooves, creating a smooth, easy-to-clean surface.
Benefits of Sealants
- Deters decay for an expanded period of time
- Easily applied – Only takes a couple of minutes
- Can Be Re-applied if Necessary