State-of-the art technology helps Dr. Ziegler accurately diagnose dental conditions and share his findings with you. It also allows us to offer more options for restoring a tooth back to its normal shape, appearance and function.
Digital radiography (digital x-ray) is the latest technology used to take dental x-rays. This technique uses an electronic sensor (instead of x-ray film) that captures and stores the digital image on a computer. Dr. Zeigler uses the information from the x-rays to safely and accurately detect hidden dental abnormalities and complete an accurate treatment plan.
Benefits of Digital X-Rays:
- Nearly 80% less radiation than a standard x-ray
- Computer software allows us to zoom and view x-rays with amazing accuracy
- Digital images can be e-mailed and stored electronically
CEREC “ONE APPOINTMENT” RESTORATION
A Cerec, single visit porcelain (metal-free) restoration, can be used to make crowns and onlays (a conservative partial coverage crown). A Cerec restoration can be completed in one appointment with Dr. Zeigler.
During your Cerec appointment, Dr. Zeigler will remove decay, fractures, and any old filling material. Instead of taking messy impressions, we will capture an image of your tooth using the Cerec 3D software to design your beautiful new crown or onlay. You can watch while our Cerec machine makes your new tooth-colored restoration. With a same-day Cerec restoration you can avoid a second appointment and a temporary crown. You will leave smiling with your new permanently placed crown or onlay!
Benefits of Cerec Restorations
- A complete crown procedure can be completed in a single visit
- Cerec uses the latest in dental technology, creating a stronger porcelain material
- No need for a temporary crown